Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week of May 10th Group Cycle Class

I'm still a fairly new cycle instructor and I find myself searching online for class ideas, so I thought why not type my classes up? I teach a Monday morning 6am class and a Tuesday night 6pm class, so I use the same class plan for both classes. I do feel like I'm cheating a little, but it takes a long time to time the drills, and then match music by mood, tempo and time.

Anyways, here's what we did this week:

Warmup 6min
Low hill with speed: 90s at each interval followed with a 30s speed up, three increases = four intervals
1 minute active recovery

Low hill with jumps: 60s at each interval followed by 60s of 4 count jumps, three increases = four intervals
1minute active recovery

Speed pyramid : 60/45/30/15/15 with 15s between each set
1minute active recovery

up down hill, change gears every minute 2up, 1down for 12min; a grand total of a 7 gear range
1 minute active recovery

TABATA drills 20s fast legs with resistance 10s slow x 8 this works on increasing your VO2 Max, and its a great way to use up the rest of the gas in your tank

Cool down and stretch.

Technically, my class is 45 minutes, but by the time they finish stretching an put away their bikes, its 50-55 mins.

Here was my playlist:
Airborne Toxic Event: Does this mean you're moving on?
The Whigs: Like a Vibration
Vampire Weekend: Holiday
Dropkick Murphies: Shipping out to Boston (my homage to Bobby Orr)
Hall & Oates: Maneater
Franz Ferdinand: Darts of Pleasure
Eagles of Death Metal: I want you so Bad (Boys Bad News)
The Fratellis: Chelsea Dagger (for the Blackhawks tonight!)
The Hives: You've Got it all Wrong
Kings of Leon: Red Morning Light
The Killers: For Reasons Unknown
Lenny Kravitz: Are Gonna Go My Way
Stevie Wonder: Superstition
TV on the Radio: Wolf Like Me
OutKast: B.O.B.
Blue Rodeo: Bad Timing
Blue Rodeo: To Love Somebody

No comments:

Post a Comment