Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Group Cycle May 25th

Today I taught a class, different from any other that I have taught.

I started with a brief warm up then took the class on three loops around a lake. I teach on the Keyser M3 bikes, so I was able to challenge them to beat or match their distance for each loop. Each loop was 10minutes long followed with a minute of active recovery. After the recovery I had them note their distance and restart the computer. I think that they all enjoyed doing more with the bike. I had the class work on a scale of 4-9 for the duration.

5 minute warm up and stretching
3 minutes into the wind 7-8 with ups and downs that I attributed to wind and mud
1 minute standing at 8-9
2 minutes with the crosswind 5-6 (ups and downs of course)
2 minutes wind at your back 4 high RPMs, 100 or higher
1 minute with crosswind again 6-7
30s 8-9 sitting I said it was muddy
30s 6-7
one minute active recovery
repeat the loop two more times

TABATA drills 20s fast legs 10s standard pace with resistance x8

cooldown and stretching

My play list was:
Franz Ferdinand - Dark of the Matinae
The Fratellis - Cuntry Boys and City Girls
The Hives - Hey Little World
The Heavy - How do you like me now?
The Killers - Smile like you mean it
Kings of Leon - The Bucket
Metric - Stadium Love
The Kooks - See the World
Kings of Leon - California Waiting
OK Go - Here is goes again
Vampire Weekend - Horchata
Chixdiggit - Spanish Fever
Chixdiggit - Thursday Night
Ray Lamontagne - Empty
Ray Lamontagne - Be Here Now

No comments:

Post a Comment