Saturday, May 8, 2010

Getting Started

I'm just a simple girl, trying to live a complicated life. Yet another lone Edmontonian living in Calgary, struggling to work full time in the oil and gas sector, be a volunteer fitness instructor on a part time basis and full time Oiler fanatic. On top of all of this, I try to live a social life which is never an easy task for anyone.

I also love to cook and bake, I have made some beautiful and delicious cakes in my life but my masterpiece will be made a little later this month. I may have finally taken on a task that is way too much, even for myself. This month, I attempt to make a stanley cup replica cake. As I am not expecting the entire city, or all of my friends to turn out, I'll be cheating and using some styrofoam. Pictures will be sure to follow.

Today of course I took in the IIHF tournament, the game between Italy and Canada. Can I just say that those Skoda cars are starting to grow on me? This company must be making a fortune to be able to sponsor all of these international hockey tournaments. I think I would like to go out and test drive one, just to support what they are doing for the world of hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment